If you or you little one are fond of swashbuckling adventures and talking like pirates, this selection of pirate themed items will the right up your street.
Inspired by ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’, there are clothes to dress up in, books to read, a play tent to hide your treasure in and an octopus to heighten those sea shanty senses.
1. Blade & Rose Pirate Leggings, £10 from Amazon
2. Pirate 3-in-1 Layer Piece, £19.95 from Gap
3. Pirate Dress with a Flounce, £7.99 from H&M
4. Boys Velvet Pyjamas, £15 from Vertbaudet
5. Pirates Love Underpants by Claire Freedman, £3.49 from Amazon
6. Chad Valley Pirate Island Play Tent, £9.99 (in sale) from Argos
7. Pirate Pete by Nick Sharatt, £6.99 from Amazon
8. Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate, £6.99 from Amazon
Even though the days of independent and more structured play are a little while off for us, I’ve started thinking about different ways we can support Mini’s learning of history, other cultures and the world around us.
I’m starting to think that we’ll choose a themed approach to his learning so we can do various activities in line with the theme such as dressing up, visiting relevant exhibitions and places, cooking food or baking, reading and creating our own stories through play. I imagine that we’ll watch a fair few films as well so posts like this help me bookmark different products for when we’re at the stage of preparing themed activities.